Tuesday, June 23, 2015

OMG I get married in three days!!

Love is beautiful | shavonspraggin.blogspot.com





I cant believe this day is almost here! I have dreamed of this day for as long as I can remember and in three days I will become an Olson. Now, I am very laid back and never went into "Bride-zilla" mode but to say I am nervous is an understatement. Anyways, I decided today so share a little bit about my soon-to-be Hubby and I and talk about love in general.






It sounds really silly and cheesy but we clicked instantly. We got along really well from the beginning and it felt so normal, like we'd known each other for years. Now both of us can be pretty shy so we both flirted and played those silly crush games for a couple of months. It is so funny when we talk about those days and what we were really feeling but on the outside we were too shy to let it be known.






Love is beautiful | shavonspraggin.blogspot.com






I remember he was getting surgery on his knee because he had torn his ACL and two other ligaments, and he texted me and said "I want you to be there when I wake up." It was like an angel chorus broke out. But even still I was too shy to admit where my heart was. I'd had my heart broken a couple of times and was too scared to put myself out there. But when he asked me out on our first date after our youth group I was all in.





People laugh and say it doesn't exist but I am convinced I've found my soulmate. Nobody makes me laugh the way he does and lifts up my spirits when I'm crying my eyes out in bed. One of the first times I remember knowing we were going to spend our lives together is when we went on vacation last summer. We were in one of the little boutiques looking at all of the souvenirs and we found these Nemo hats. Instantly, we threw them on and made our friend take pictures of us. Looking back on these picture this is the first time in a long time I had a genuine smile on my face.





Love is beautiful | shavonspraggin.blogspot.com






So for those saying love doesn't exist and that there's no hope, I hope our story can be of encouragement. Good things happen often when we least expect it, when we aren't looking for it, and when we're busy chasing our dreams. I know this is not usually what I write about but I was in the loving mood. I wonder why?






Anyone up for sharing their love stories??



Kisses, Shavon




No comments:

Post a Comment